Sunday - July 8, 2007
One always needs to say coppa with diction, or rather - should I say, addiction?!
So, we love those burly butchers at Molinari's. They give us samples, you know. And they say "Ah, you need a pound of this... and a pound of that" with a wink. Not that we need the extra encouragement from them! Really though, we love them because we are always learning something new about dry-cured ham from them. Like coppa comes from pork shoulder, and prosiutto comes from pork leg. This is for our food research on which is the most palatable cured Italian meats. Uh huh.
A month ago, I blogged that we are Salami Converts. I will say, now we are Salami Addicts, especially since we tasted their hot salami. We went back to Molinari's for more bresaola and salami. Then, we tried their sweet coppa and hot (spicy) coppa. Oh my, I have never tasted any other cured meat as smooth, buttery, and as luscious as sweet coppa. YUM!! We also bought delicious *rare* roast beef... some double cream Brie (60% butterfat!), and piave.
K said, for someone who doesn't like bread (that would be yours truly), I make good sandwiches :) On our lunch menu today is roast beef sandwiches, made with Dutch crunch bread rolls, mayonnaise, avocado, tomato and alfalfa sprouts. We're off to Mount Tamalpais State Park to climb East Peak!

No comments:
Post a Comment