La Tortilla Factory has found a niche in low-fat, low-carbohydrate tortillas. We came home with packages of tortillas after our factory tour (and I feel rather greedy but they were generously handing them out). Luz gave us a presentation on La Tortilla Factory's history, core values, and ongoing research; we were then whisked away for the manufacturing and packaging floor tour (which is absolutely thrilling for factory geeks by the way); and finally, back at the Habenero Conference Room, we participated in a survey and new products taste test. The most creative use of tortillas I heard that day was Mexican Smores. Oh My!
If you weren't able to attend in person, watch what goes on behind-the-scenes at Eye On The Bay (search "Factories Vol. 2") or better still, arrange a tour for your school group. Tours are limited, but I think they have a soft spot for kids - young or old - who are interested in food science :)
Good Eats episodes:
TORT(illa) Reform (Season 10)
Tortillas Again (Season 10)

No comments:
Post a Comment